- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients, except the olive oil, in a food processor bowl.
- Pulse until ingredients are coarsely ground.
- Add the olive oil and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to container with a lid and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
- For a milder, less spicy pesto reduce or omit the crushed red pepper and black pepper.