- 2 cups tri-color quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil, or 2 garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large carrots, diced (around 2 cups)
- 1 large zucchini, diced (around 3 cups)
- 1 large yellow squash, diced (around 2 cups)
- 1 large red pepper, diced (around 2 cups)
- 1 large orange pepper, diced (around 2 cups)
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced (around 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- garlic and onion chives for garnish
The ingredients in Garden Fresh Confetti Quinoa are fresh, vegetable rich, healthy and come straight from your garden!
Place the quinoa and water in a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 15 minutes until water is completely absorbed. Remove the quinoa from the heat and fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Set aside uncovered. Heat a large wok over medium/high heat. Add the garlic oil. Add the carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper, orange pepper and green onion. Sauté until the vegetables are just soft, around 5 minutes. Fold the quinoa into the vegetable mixture until combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with additional chopped garlic chives or sliced green onion. Serve hot or cold.
You can use your favorite vegetables for this dish. Keep it colorful! If you don't have garlic oil, you can use garlic/garlic chives and extra virgin olive oil. I wasn't kidding when I said that the Hindy Chopper is a life saver! This is the time to use it.