- 16 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
What could be yummier that fresh, homemade pasta made with delicious green spinach? Not much I tell you!!!
- Squeeze spinach until no liquid remains. There should be approximately 8 ounces of dry spinach remaining. In a food processor, combine spinach, eggs, and oil. Process spinach mixture until completely smooth, around 30 seconds. Add flour and salt and process until a rough dough ball is formed. Remove dough from processor bowl to a lightly floured surface. Knead dough until smooth and elastic, approximately 5 minutes. Let dough stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 parts.
- If using a rolling pin, roll dough until very thin – approximately ⅛th of an inch thick.
- Cut into ¼ inch strips using a sharp knife, fluted cutter, or pizza cutter.
- If using a pasta machine, roll dough according to machine instructions.
- Cut into fettuccine using the pasta machine or by hand.
- Dry fettuccini noodles on a towel for approximately 30 minutes.
- Bring the 4 ½ quarts of water, salt, and olive oil to a rolling boil.
- Add noodles and stir to separate.
- Cook 5 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Serve hot with alfredo sauce and garnish with additional parsley sprigs.