- 4 whole Delicata Squash, cut in half and seeded
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs (can use gluten free)
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 medium/large Fuji apples, finely cubed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 8 ounces chopped pecans
A sweet, crunchy, creamy, tangy, healthy Fall dish!
- Preheat oven to 350°F bake or 325°F convection.
- Cover a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spray with non-stick spray. Place the halved squash on the baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the maple syrup. Stir until completely combined.
- Fill each squash half with filling, until all the filled is used. It is OK if some of the filling ends up on the pan, it will bake and become crunchy and will be delicious to nosh on. Drizzle the maple syrup evenly over the squash halves.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes. Cut squash into halves or thirds, if desired. Serve warm.
- You can substitute your favorite nuts in this recipe if pecans aren't available. It would also be good with walnuts, almonds or hazelnuts.
- If you can't find pure maple syrup, you can use pancake syrup.
- If Delicata squash aren't available in your area (sad face) you can use butternut or acorn squash.