For the salad
- 10-16 ounces romaine lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large gala apple, cored then thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 large kiwi, sliced into 1/2 circle slices
- 1 cup pomegranate arils from 2 small or 1 large pomegranate
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup candied pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup pomegranate concentrate/syrup/molasses
- 1/4 cup pomegranate vinegar (can substitute apple cider or balsamic vinegar)
- 1/4 cup honey
Crunchy and sweet, this colorful salad is perfect for your Rosh Hashanah Table.
- Place the romaine lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, toss the apple with the lemon juice. Add to the romaine.
- Add the kiwi, pomegranate arils, and green onion to the salad.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the candied pumpkin seeds over the salad. Serve.
For the Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the canola oil, pomegranate concentrate and vinegar, and honey.
You can find my recipe for candied nuts here: https://bit.ly/2NlLOlN If you like a less dressed salad feel free to use less dressing.