- 4 pound chicken legs (thigh and drumstick), skin removed (it's healthier!)
- 2 cups pomegranate syrup (Like Torani)
- 1 cup pure pomegranate juice (like POM)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
For the Sauce
- 3/4 cup pure cold pomegranate juice (like POM)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Fresh pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional)
- Spray a 9 inch x 13 inch casserole with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Combine the pomegranate syrup, pomegranate juice, honey, garlic, pepper, and thyme in a medium bowl.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place chicken bone side up in a large casserole, or in a Jumbo Ziplock bag.
- Pour marinade over chicken.
- Cover with plastic wrap, or seal bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Set the Electric Pressure Cooker to high pressure manual mode cooking for 20 minutes.
- Place an EPC rack on the bottom of the EPC Pot.
- Add the chicken and the marinade to the Pot.
- Lock the lid.
- Press start and when the chicken is done, manually release the pressure moving the pressure valve to open. Turn the EPC off.
- Remove the chicken from the Pot and transfer to the prepared casserole dish, leaving the marinade in the Pot. Remove the EPC rack from the Pot.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the cold pomegranate juice and corn starch until thoroughly combined.
- Set the EPC to sauté/brown.
- Slowly whisk the pomegranate juice/starch into the remaining marinade. Stir constantly with a rubber heat resistant spatula until the sauce thickens.
- Turn of the Pot. Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh pomegranate seeds if desired.