- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed -- or 2 cubes frozen crushed garlic
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars favorite pasta sauce
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions and garlic over medium high heat until slightly browned.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Set aside.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl.
- Add the onions, and remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Using a scoop, scoop ground beef mixture, then roll into meatballs.
- Place meatballs on prepared cookie sheet. When all the meatballs are formed, place them on the grill.
- Grill for 10 minutes, rotating halfway through and meatballs are nearly cooked through.
- Pour pasta sauce into a large stockpot.
- Add ½ jar of water to each empty sauce jar, swirling to get the remaining sauce out of the jar.
- Add the water to the sauce in the pot.
- Place the grilled meatballs in the pot, and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- You can freeze half the meatballs, and use a single jar of sauce instead of two.
- Serve the finished meatballs over a bed of your favorite rice for an elegant appetizer.