- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels, (yields around 9 cups popped)
- nonstick vegetable spray
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plant based margarine (1/2 stick)
- 1 (3-ounce) package clear, unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup Dark Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
Dark Hot Chocolate Popcorn with Chocolate Drizzle is the most insanely chocolatey popcorn you will ever eat, with rich chocolate coating & chocolate drizzle.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cover a large sheet pan with foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick vegetable spray. Air pop the kernels into the prepared bowl. Set aside.
- In a small 3 quart saucepan, combine the sugar, margarine, gelatin and hot chocolate mix. Cook over medium/low heat until the margarine and sugar are melted, stirring constantly with a heat resistant spatula. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot chocolate syrup over the popcorn. Use two forks to toss and completely coat the popcorn.
- Transfer the popcorn to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely then break into small pieces.
- Transfer the melted white chocolate to a pastry bag or a Ziplock bag. Cut a small hole at the corner/tip of the bag. Using a back and forth motion, drizzle the white chocolate over the popcorn. Repeat with the melted dark chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at 15 minutes until the chocolate drizzle is set. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
You can use your favorite hot chocolate mix for this recipe but I really like the brand. You can also use the Caramel Hot Chocolate flavor mix for this recipe as well.