For The Salad
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, thoroughly washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 large scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 bag shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber quartered and thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 cups sour cream and onion crackers, plus additional for garnish
For The Dressing
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients except the crackers.
- Toss to evenly distribute the vegetables.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients.
- Mix until completely blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to completely coat the vegetables.
- Allow the salad to sit for 10 minutes (in the refrigerator if possible) to blend the flavors.
- Add the crackers and toss until evenly distributed.
- Garnish with additional crackers and serve to your happy guests and family!!