For the salad
- 10 ounces shredded green cabbage
- 1 large pomegranate, seeded
- 1 gala apple, shredded
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 tablespoons apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
This Slaw incorporates the special flavors of the New Year - Pomegranate & Apple. The pomegranate arils give this slaw its special crunch and the shredded apple adds color and flavor.
For the saladCombine the cabbage, pomegranate, apple, lime juice, green onion, and cranberries in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
For the dressingIn a medium bowl, combine the canola oil, apple butter, cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
To FinishPour over the slaw, and stir until the dressing is evenly distributed. Chill before serving or serve at room temperature.
- I originally used apple butter in the dressing but I found that it made the dressing darker than I would have liked. You can substitute apple butter for the apple jelly if you like.