- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 cup (5-ounces) sweetened dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
Cranberry Almond Biscotti are crunchy cookies bursting with cranberry flavors. These cinnamon and nutmeg spiced cookies taste like holiday time! They're GF too!
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a measuring cup whisk the eggs and egg whites. Using a sturdy spatula or wooden spoon, stir the eggs into the dry ingredients until a thick dough is formed.
- Stir/knead the cranberries and almonds into the dough.
- Form a long dough log on the prepared parchment lined baking sheet, around three to four-inches wide by around 14-inches long.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Using oven mitts, place the cookie log on a large heat resistant cutting board.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300ºF.
- Cut the log into 1/2-inch slices. Return the slices to the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the biscotti for an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.