- 1 pound colorful small sweet peppers, seeded, white inside parts removed and cut into 2 1/2 inch julienne strips
- 6 thick slices pastrami (approximately 1/3 pound)*, cut into 2 1/2 inch julienne strips
- 5 large romaine lettuce leaves, washed and cut into 2 1/2 inch julienne strips
- 3 tbsp Wishbone Italian Salad Dressing (or more to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Serve on individual salad plates for an appetizer or in a beautiful bowl for a side salad.
- I used the leftover Romanian pastrami that I had roasted (unsliced) for dinner the day before. Slow roasting the pastrami brings out the flavor of the meat and melts off some of the fat in the pastrami. You can also make this dish gluten-free for the GFE (Gluten Free Eater) by using gluten-free Italian Dressing.