- 12 filled blintzes, unfried
- 16 ounce containers, sour cream (can be lowfat)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 4 large eggs
- non-stick vegetable spray
This is the classic blintz soufflé that is often the centerpiece of the Shavuot meal. You can use home made blintzes, or any variety of store bought fruit blintzes. I often will make it with cherry, cheese, and blueberry flavored blintzes in different sections of the soufflé – this way everyone gets their favorite!
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a large 9×13 inch casserole dish with non-stick vegetable spray. Evenly place the blintzes in the casserole, seam side down. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sour cream, sugar, vanilla, orange juice and eggs. Whisk until smooth. Pour the sour cream mixture over the blintzes. Smooth to evenly distribute the sour cream over the blintzes. Bake for 1 hour until browned.