- 2 7 1/2 - 8 inch whole grain flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup imitation ground beef (like Morningstar Farms), defrosted
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the imitation ground beef, chili powder, and crushed red pepper.
- Set aside.
- Heat an ungreased skillet over medium –high heat.
- Place one of the tortillas in the skillet.
- Top with ¼ cup of the mozzarella cheese, evenly spreading the cheese over the tortilla.
- Evenly spoon the black beans over the cheese, then top with the imitation meat mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese over the imitation meat.
- Press the second tortilla onto the imitation meat mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the cheese starts to melt and the bottom tortilla browns.
- Use a large spatula to carefully flip the Quesadilla over, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the bottom tortilla is browned.
- Remove from the skillet and cut into 4 wedges.
- Serve with sour cream or salsa.
- Adding 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper will give this quesadilla a real kick!
- If you like your quesadilla a little milder use 1/8 each teaspoon chili powder and crushed red pepper.