- 16 pieces chicken with skin on
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 pounds whole domestic or crimini mushrooms, the smaller the better
- 3 cups water
- Place all the ingredients in a wide heavy pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the flame to medium and cook covered for about 1 hour.
- Transfer the chicken pieces onto a platter.
- If the sauce is not thick enough, reduce it on a high flame, uncovered, just a few minutes until it reaches the consistency of maple syrup.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Serve hot.