- 4 boneless chicken breasts (around 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons avocado or canola oil
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) container Trader Joe's Organic Buffalo Style Hummus
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
A super simple, super delicious one pan dish with only four ingredients! Perfect for a weeknight dinner or a speedy Shabbat main dish.
- Heat the avocado oil a large skillet using medium heat.
- Brown the chicken breasts on each side. Transfer to a plate, set aside.
- Add the red pepper slices to the pan, and sauté for 2 minutes until soft.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Top with the Buffalo Hummus, evenly covering the chicken.
- Cover the pan and simmer using low heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Spoon the pan juices/sauce and peppers over the chicken. Top with the sliced green onions.
- Serve hot.
- If you can't find Trader Joe's Organic Buffalo Style Hummus, you can use another spicy hummus instead like Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus. If using a "separated" hummus like the Sabra Supremely Spicy, make sure to stir the hummus before spreading over the chicken.