- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 or 10 pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- Combine the brown sugar and ketchup in a medium bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Brown the chicken on all sides.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken, coating evenly.
- Cook the chicken covered for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 30-45 minutes until cooked through, spooning with sauce periodically.
- Serve warm spooning extra sauce over the chicken.