- 24 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, or broccoli florets -- partially defrosted
- 16 ounces part skim shredded mozzarella cheese or plant based mozzarella
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs or plant based egg substitute
- 2 deep dish frozen pie crusts - can be gluten free
Simple, no frills, easy to make, but really delicious dairy recipe that you can make during the Nine Days (and afterwards too!) – Broccoli Mushroom Cheese Pie.
This pie is really one of my family’s favorites. Made with ready to use ingredients that you have in your freezer and pantry, it’s a super easy to make recipe. It’s also an incredibly flexible recipe, you can add more eggs to make it more “quichelike”, or can add more chopped broccoli, less mushrooms, another of your favorite frozen vegetables (or even fresh), and you’re good to go.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a large dairy cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, mushrooms and cheese. Add green onion, salt, and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined. Add the eggs and mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly coated with egg.
- Evenly spoon broccoli mixture into the two pie crusts.
- Place pies on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes until crust and pie are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- You can add 2-4 additional eggs to make the recipe more “quichelike”. You can also substitute your own favorite vegetables to personalize this great recipe!
- I make this recipe plant based and gluten free. I use JUST egg substitute, Wholly Wholesome gluten free pie crusts, and Follow Your Heart vegan Mozzarella. It's delicious either way!