- 4 tablespoons plant based butter
- 14 ounces zero carb noodles (I used Wonder Noodles)
- 1 cup diced roasted acorn squash
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshy ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, plant based
- 1/2 teaspoon dehydrated green onion, or 1/2 tablespoon fresh sliced
Acorn Squash with Plant Based Butter and Zero Carb Pasta is the perfect, healthy, light, flavorful dish you've been looking for!
- In a small saucepan, heat the plant based butter over medium heat until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Thoroughly rinse and drain the pasta.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the browned plant based butter in a large skillet. Add the drained pasta.
- Sauté the pasta for two minutes until hot and coated in the browned plant based butter.
- Add the diced squash, cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and black pepper. Toss to completely coat the pasta and squash.
- Add the plant based cream cheese. Slowly stir until the cream cheese is completely melted.
- Sprinkle the remaining two tablespoons of browned plant based butter then the green onion over the pasta.
- Serve hot.