Festive Apple Cider POPCORN
I decided to use my tried and true recipe for candy coated flavored popcorn. Many many many many years ago, before electricity was even invented, and when people used to clip recipes out of the newspaper, magazines, and newspaper advertising inserts, I found a recipe from the Jell-O company for Rainbow Popcorn.
A version of the recipe still exists on the Jell-O website: Jell-O Rainbow Popcorn
While this recipe has always worked for me, I decided to modify it slightly to make my Gourmet Apple Cider Popcorn.
I finished the whole bag. It was that good.
It’s crunchy and and tastes just like a hot mug of cider…in the perfect popcorn snack.Print
Festive Gourmet Apple Cider Popcorn tastes like a winter holiday party in a bowl.
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels, (yields around 9 cups popped)
- nonstick vegetable spray
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plant based margarine (1/2 stick)
- 1 (3-ounce) package clear, unflavored gelatin
- 3 packets Alpine apple cider mix
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cover a large sheet pan with foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick vegetable spray. Air pop the kernels into the prepared bowl. Set aside.
- In a small 3 quart saucepan, combine the sugar, margarine, gelatin and apple cider packets. Cook over medium/low heat until the margarine and sugar are melted, stirring constantly with a heat resistant spatula. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour the apple cider syrup over the popcorn. Use two forks to toss and completely coat the popcorn.
- Transfer the popcorn to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely then break into small pieces.
I will sometimes us the forks to re-coat the popcorn after it’s been baked.
Keywords: Popcorn, Apple Cider Popcorn, Apple Cider, Gluten Free, Plant Based, Kosher, Holiday recipe
For more Gourmet Popcorn recipes check out my post 12+ Gourmet Popcorn Recipes.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Thanks so much for your support.