|“Ooh! Look at the pretty
flower shaped kugel!”
|The “huge” Mother’s Day
lilac bush…on my window sill!!
- 2 10 ounce packaged cooked winter squash, defrosted, drained
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar or Splenda
- 1/2 cup soy milk, preferably vanilla flavored
- 3 large eggs
- Non-stick vegetable spray (if using non-silicone pan)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- If not using a silicone pan, spray a 9” round pan with non-stick spray.
- Set aside.
- Place the squash in a large glass bowl.
- Add the flour, sugar, and soy milk.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add the eggs and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Pour squash mixture into pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until completely set.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- If using a nifty silicone flower shaped pan, invert onto serving dish and serve to amazed guests.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 15.3 g
- Sodium: 38.7 mg
- Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.6 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 69.8 mg
Keywords: Kugel, Butternut Squash, Squash, Shabbat Food, Jewish Food, Kosher food