- Non-stick vegetable spray
- 2 packages Simply Potatoes Hash Browns (1.25 pounds each)
- 1 large onion (or two medium/small), finely chopped (around 2 cups)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour (can be 1:1 gluten free)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick vegetable spray. Set aside. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined, then transfer to prepared baking dish. Bake for 60 minutes until golden brown.
For a thicker kugel, you can use a slightly smaller pan. Baking time would still be 60 minutes. Simply Potatoes are found in the refrigerator section of your grocery store, usually near the eggs. If you are using another brand of frozen hash browns, make sure to completely defrost and drain them before using. You do not need to drain the Simply Potatoes brand. You can make interesting flavors of Hash Brown Potato Kugel by using other flavors of hash browns, such as Southwest flavor. If using another brand of hash brown, or frozen hash browns, make sure to defrost them before using. Additionally, try to get as close to the 2 1/2 pounds of hash browns as possible. You can make this recipe completely plant based by using an egg substitute such as Just egg.