Grilled Steak and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Balsamic Apricot Dressing is a colorful and delicious work of art!
Grilled Steak and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Balsamic Apricot Dressing starts with fresh Mariano’s ingredients, like Kosher Grilled Steak made fresh as you wait! There’s warm, roasted sweet potatoes, crunchy candied pecans, zesty craisins and delicious hearts of palm in this well rounded salad. The dressing is made from two simple ingredients: balsamic vinegar and apricot spread. Grilled Steak and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad is great as an appetizer, side salad or a whole meal!
This recipe is sponsored by Mariano’s stores.
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
For The Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound grilled steak, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.1-ounce) can whole hearts of palm, drained, cut into halves lengthwise, then cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup sliced green onions
For the Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and apricot preserves until smooth.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
For the Salad
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a shallow 9×13-inch baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, coat the sweet potatoes with the tablespoon of olive oil, salt and black pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for around 45 minutes, stirring halfway through, until lightly browned.
- In a shallow 9×13-inch pan, toss the pecans with the brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the sugar has melted and the pecans are toasted. Cool completely.
- Place the romaine in a large salad bowl. Top with the grilled steak, roasted sweet potatoes, candied pecans, hearts of palm, sweetened dried cranberries and green onion.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the salad. Toss before serving if desired.
- Can be made up to two hours in advance without tossing, tightly covered in the refrigerator, reserving the dressing to pour over the salad just before serving.
TarHong Black Bamboo Serving BowlBuy Now →
Coza Stackable and Unbreakable Serving Bowl for Mixing, Serving, Salad or Dessert with Lid- Set of 6Buy Now →
Godinger Round Salad Serving BowlBuy Now →
USA Pan Bakeware Quarter Sheet PanBuy Now →
Gefen Premium Cultivated Whole Hearts of PalmBuy Now →
Gefen Sweetened Dried CranberriesBuy Now →
Bartenura Balsamic Vinegar of Modena ItalyBuy Now →
Tuscanini Premium Italian Apricot PreservesBuy Now →
Here is alternative recipe for Candied Pecans. If making this salad for Passover, leave out the corn syrup.
You can use leftover romaine from your Seder meals.
If you have leftover roast, simply thinly slice around a pound and add it to the salad instead of grilled steak (but Mariano’s grilled steak is always the best).
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 23.9 g
- Sodium: 306.9 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
- Cholesterol: 13.1 mg
Keywords: Steak Salad, Sweet Potato Salad, Kosher for Passover, Pesach, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Non Gebroks, Dinner Salad