Soft Sweet Potato Cookies are cakelike cookies, filled with sweet potato goodness. They’re easy to make with simple ingredients, like fresh sweet potato! Soft Sweet Potato Cookies are perfect for a break with a cup of coffee or a quick grab and go snack. They’re also Gluten Free and Kosher for Passover,
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled and cooked (around 2 cups cooked)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- powdered sugar for finishing
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 325°F Convection.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the cooked sweet potato in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Measure the brown sugar and cinnamon into the bowl and pulse until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, then pulse again until combined.
- Add the potato starch, tapioca starch, baking powder and baking soda and pulse until smooth, scraping down the bowl periodically.
- Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then rotate the pans and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes until set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to finish.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Gefen, Gluten Free Tapioca FlourBuy Now →
Lieber’s Tapioca Flour Starch Gluten-Free, Kosher For PassoverBuy Now →
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half SheetBuy Now →
Cookie Scoop Set of 3 – Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scooper with TriggerBuy Now →
For Passover, use Kosher for Passover baking powder.
You can make these cookies purple by substituting purple Stokes sweet potatoes.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 31
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 46.9 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.7 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 10.3 mg
Keywords: Sweet Potato Cookies, Cookie, Cookie Recipe, Kosher For Passover, Kosher for Pesach, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Pareve, Non-Gebroks, Meat Free, Low Fat, Low Calorie