Plant Based Sausage and Veggie Kabobs are a perfect healthy barbecue option. They’re made with a rainbow of good-for-you vegetables and plant based sausage and homemade aromatic plant based tzatziki sauce. They taste as good as they look!
For the Kabobs
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and cut into squares
- 1 large orange pepper, seeded and cut into squares
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and cut into squares
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into 1/2-inch disks
- 1 large Japanese/Asian eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch disks
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 large purple onion, cut into chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) package Beyond Meat Beyond Sausage (Hot Italian) sausages, each sausage cut into 6 slices
- Garlic oil (spray)
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- dried green onion
- Pita or rice for serving
For the Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup plant based yogurt
- 1/2 large English Cucumber, grated then squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove freshly minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Kabobs
- Take a skewer and thread a mushroom cap open side facing the long side of the skewer. Thread on a slice of red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper, sausage, zucchini, green pepper, sausage, eggplant then a wedge of onion. Finish with another mushroom cap.
- Repeat with the remaining skewers.
- Spray/drizzle a generous amount of garlic oil over the skewers. Sprinkle with kosher salt, black pepper and dried green onion.
- Grill over the flame until just starting to brown/cooked through. Be careful not to overcook/burn the vegetables.
For the Plant Based Tzatziki Sauce
- Combine the plant based yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, dill, garlic, olive oil and salt in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
Grill Mats for Outdoor Grill, Dailyart Grill Mats Non Stick Set of 5 BBQ Grill Mat Baking Mats Teflon BBQ Accessories Grill Tools Reusable,Works on Gas, Charcoal, Electric Grill 15.75 x 13-Inch, BlackBuy Now →
Plant Based Sausage and Veggie Kabobs can also be made on the grill or under an oven broiler.
If you’re a beef eater, you can substitute meat sausages for the plant based ones.
Keywords: Kabobs, Vegetable Kabobs, Gluten Free, Plant Based, Lag Ba'Omer, Fire Pit, Meat Free, Dairy Free