Growing up, this fish was a staple dinner in our house. My mom (KIH) would buy large fillets of de-boned whitefish, sprinkle them with garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. When the fish was beautifully browned on top it was done. It was also fantastic cold as a leftover lunch the next day. She also used a spice called Shpritz- I haven’t found it lately but if you do, let me know please!
- 1 or 2 large whitefish fillets, deboned
- sea salt – to taste
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- nonstick vegetable spray
- Preheat oven to medium broil.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place fillet(s) on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt, then onion powder, garlic powder and paprika.
- Broil for 15-20 minutes until the top of the fish is browned and completely cooked through.
- Serving Size: 4