One Pan Jasmine and Wild Rice is crazy simple to make. A few high quality ingredients go in a single casserole dish, then bake covered in the oven. The result is an aromatic and flavorful rice dish that can be used as a side or stuffed into your favorite bird. Perfect for Shabbat or Thanksgivingvside dish/stuffing. Best of all…it’s super simple and delicious!
- nonstick spray
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black peper
- 1 tablespoon dried green onion plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil OR 2 minced cloves garlic plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large 10×10-inch square casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Add the jasmine rice, wild rice, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic oil and water to the dish. Stir gently to combine.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for one hour. Remove from the oven, uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Garnish with additional dried (or fresh) green onion.
- Serve hot or cold.
- A minced clove of fresh garlic and tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil for every tablespoon of garlic oil in the recipe.
- One tablespoon of dried green onion = 1/4 cup fresh.
- You can use another fragrant rice instead of jasmine, like basmati.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 237.8 mg
- Fat: 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.9 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Jasmine rice, baked rice, simple rice, fast rice, gluten free, dairy free, nut free, wild rice, pareve, side dish, stuffing