This incredibly simple roasted chicken and potatoes recipe is perfect for when you want the comfort of simple and easy to make….but delicious!
- 2 chickens (3 pounds each), cut up or whole. If cut up you can remove the skin. If whole, use cooking twine to tie the chicken legs together.
- 2 pounds potatoes (Yukon Gold, Idaho, Red), scrubbed or peeled
- nonstick vegetable spray (plain or garlic)
- Spices (choose any of the following)
- – Bouquet Garni
- – Garlic powder, Onion Powder, Paprika
- – Montreal Chicken Blend Spices
- – Parisien – Bonnes Herbes
- – Italian Herb Mix
- – Garlic oil/spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If you have a convection oven set the oven to 325 degrees convection roast.
- If using a baking sheet, cover the sheet with foil, then spray with nonstick spray. If using a roasting pan, spray with nonstick spray.
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch slices, or wedges. Place evenly on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place the chickens on top of the potatoes. Generously spray with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle your choice of seasoning over the chicken.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours uncovered.