These knishes are the perfect addition to any Shabbat or Holiday meal. You can make them in advance and freeze them, then bake to perfection when you need them.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (can be 1:1 gluten free)
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons pareve margarine
- 1 cup + tablespoon warm water
- Non-stick vegetable spray
- Kreplach Meat Filling (see above)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cover two baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick vegetable spray. Set aside.
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 3 even balls.
- For each dough ball, roll the dough into a long 8” log. Cut the dough evenly into 8 1” pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a 3”- 3 1/2” round.
- Place a scoop of meat filling into the middle of the dough. Bring the edges of the dough to the middle over the meat and pinch to seal.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place 12 knishes on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
If freezing the raw knishes to use later, add an extra 10 minutes to the baking time.
Keywords: Knishes, Meat Knishes, Shabbat, Yom Tov, Yom Kippur