These are my family’s traditional kreplach. The recipe has been handed down for generations. I make them gluten free by substituting 1:1 gluten free flour for traditional flour.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (can be 1:1 gluten free)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Carefully mix the dough ingredients together to form a smooth dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes before rolling.
- Roll the dough as thin as possible.
- You can even use a pasta roller to thinly roll out the dough.
- Measure the dough and cut out 2” squares.
- Place a little bit of the filling into the center of the square.
- Brush the edges of the dough with egg wash and pinch to seal.
- Bring a large pot of water, a tablespoon of salt, and a tablespoon of olive oil to a boil.
- Add the kreplach and boil for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite chicken or beef soup.
Kreplach can be made in advance and frozen raw in a single layer. When ready to use, simply remove from the freezer and cook in simmering water until cooked through, around 30 minutes.