This savory, traditional kreplach filling has a secret ingredient – ginger that makes it extra special! Don’t forget to caramelize and brown the onions for the most flavor.
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked Chuck Roast, cooled and cut into large cubes
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dried ginger
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onions and cook over medium-high heat until onions are browned.
- Set aside to cool.
- Using a grinder of your choice, grind together the meat and onions.
- Stir in the ginger until well combined.
CAM2 304 Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Manual Meat Grinder #10 Clamp-on Hand GrinderBuy Now →
I roasted the Chuck covered, covered with sliced onions, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Rule of thumb is 15 minutes per pound at 350° F.
Keywords: Kreplach, knish, filling, meat filling, Yom Kippur, Sukkot