Honey Pomegranate Salmon is a little sweet, a little tart and really flavorful! Perfect for Rosh Hashanah or just a lovely appetizer or dinner.
- 6 salmon fillets, skin on (around 2.5–3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate syrup/molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1 tablespoon dried green onion/chives
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- pomegranate arils and freshly sliced green onions for garnish.
- Place the fish in a 9 x 13-inch pan, skin side down. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pomegranate syrup, honey, pomegranate juice, white pepper, sea salt, garlic oil, and green onion. Whisk to blend.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the salmon on a greased baking sheet, reserving the marinade.
- Broil the salmon, using medium heat, for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While the salmon is cooking, transfer the marinade to a small sauce pan. Whisk in the corn starch until completely blended.
- Cook the marinade over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly with at wooden spoon or silicone spatula.
- Remove the salmon from the oven. Spoon the sauce over the salmon and garnish with pomegranate arils and fresh green onions.
You can serve this fish as an appetizer by cutting each piece in half and serving on a smaller plate.
Keywords: Honey, Pomegranate, Salmon, Rosh Hashanah, Rosh Hashana, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free