- 1 cup whole, raw almonds
- water to cover
- 4 cups filtered water
- dash kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- sweeteners to taste (optional)
- Place the almonds in a small bowl. Cover completely with water.
- Allow the almonds to soak for at least 4-6 hours and no more than 24.
- In a small colander, drain and rinse the soaked almonds.
- Place the almonds, four cups of water and dash of salt in the bowl of a blender.
- Blend the ingredients for several minutes until smooth.
- Over a large measuring cup (8 cups) or bowl, pour the blended almond milk into a nut bag.
- Holding the top of the bag closed, squeeze the milk out of the bag and into the measuring cup. Continue squeezing until all the milk has been filtered out of the bag.
- Reserve the almond pulp for another use.
- Add any additional flavorings or sweeteners to the milk.
- Transfer to a 64 ounce pitcher/bottle. Store refrigerated.
This is a good milk to use on Passover when plant based milks may be difficult to find.
Keywords: Almond Milk, Plant Based Milk, Homemade, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Passover