Herbed Potato and Squash Torte is a rustic, comforting dish that feels like a warm hug on a chilly day. It’s layers of thinly sliced potatoes and delicately flavored squash with fresh thyme and plant based parmesan for a huge burst of fall flavor! As you take a bite, the potatoes and squash melt in your mouth, the thyme infusing every forkful with it’s delightful herby essence. It’s comfort food with a gourmet twist that’s perfect for Sukkot, Shabbat or any fall meal.
- nonstick spray
- 1/2 cup flour, gluten-free 1:1
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup plant based parmesan
- 1 1/2 pounds yukon gold potatoes, sliced 3mm thick (1/8-inch)
- 1/2 pound fresh zucchini, sliced 3mm thick (1/8-inch)
- 1/2 pound yellow squash, sliced 3mm thick (1/8-inch)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F or 350°F Convection. Spray a 10-inch round baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, thyme, salt, pepper and parmesan.
- Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the baking dish, working in concentric circles. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the potatoes.
- Top with a layer of zucchini, then flour mixture, then another layer of potatoes, then flour mixture, then yellow squash and flour mixture, finishing with a layer of potatoes topped with the flour mixture.
- Drizzle the oil over the top of the torte. Spray a piece of aluminum foil, then cover the torte (greased side on the torte) and bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, uncover the torte and generously spray with nonstick spray.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes until the top is browned.
- Allow the Herbed Potato and Squash Torte to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
You can also add some chopped fresh rosemary and chives if you like.
If you don’t have yellow squash, you can use zucchini instead for a full pound of zucchini.
Try to use squash and potatoes that are approximately the same width for best results.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 287.4 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 5.2 g
- Cholesterol: 5.4 mg
Keywords: Potato dish, Potato and Zucchini dish, Vegetable side, Fall, Sukkot, Gluten Free, Gluten Free Recipe, Dairy Free, Meat Free, Pareve, Plant Based, Vegetarian, Vegan