Eggplant Noodles with Spinach and Mushrooms are an inventive and healthy way to eat eggplant, spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes. Topped with a plant based chive cream sauce, Eggplant Noodles with Spinach and Mushrooms seems indulgent but it’s fairly simple to make.
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil, or 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil plus one minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon plant based tub margarine
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 5 ounces grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 bunch (around 8 stalks) green onions, green part only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plant based cream cheese with chives (I like Kite Hill almond based)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Additional green onion to garnish
- Cut the eggplant into very thin strips. You can do this by thinly slicing the eggplant lengthwise and then slicing them into thin strips.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt over the eggplant, then toss to evenly coat. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze all the liquid out of the eggplant noodles and return only the noodles to the bowl. The liquid can be thrown way.
- Over medium high heat, heat a large skillet. Add the garlic oil and margarine. Sauté until the margarine is melted.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add the drained eggplant noodles and sauté until the noodles are coated, then add the spinach. It will seem like a huge pile of spinach, but once cooked it will reduce significantly.
- Stir until the spinach is just wilted.
- Add the cream cheese and almond milk. Stir until the cream cheese and almond milk are completely blended.
- Stir in the tomatoes and green onions. Toss until completely coated with the sauce.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with additional green onion. Serve hot.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 138.1 mg
- Fat: 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 14.6 mg
Keywords: Eggplant, Eggplant Noodles, Plant Based, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Meat Free, Pareve, Kosher