Crispy Brussels Sprouts and Salami is a surprisingly amazing dish. Rather than frying the sprouts and salami, I baked them at a high temp to crisp and roast them. The resulting Crispy Brussels Sprouts and Salami felt healthier! Everyone inhaled them!
- nonstick spray
- 2–2 1/2 pounds whole Brussels sprouts, trimmed and separated into leaves, washed then thoroughly dried (1 1/2 pounds of leaves)
- 1 pound salami, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil, or 2 tablespoons avocado oil and 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a half sheet pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place the Brussels sprout leaves and diced salami in a large bowl. Toss with the garlic oil, black pepper, crushed red pepper and kosher salt until completely coated.
- Evenly spread onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes, then remove the brussel sprouts from the oven, toss and then return to the oven. After an additional 10 minutes, repeat, removing the Brussels sprouts from the oven, tossing then returning the pan to the oven.
- Bake for a final 10 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are crispy.
- Serve hot.
This recipe makes a full 8×8-inch casserole dish. If that is too much for your family, feel free to halve the recipe.
If you can find fresh bags of Brussels sprout leaves, it will make the preparation of the recipe faster.
Depending upon how hot your oven is will determine how long it takes for the Brussels sprouts to get crispy. If necessary add 10 minutes at a time, tossing in between until the Brussels sprouts are crisped.
For meat free options, eliminate the salami from the recipe or substitute plant based salami.
It’s important to make sure that Brussels sprout leaves are completely dry before beginning with the recipe. Having wet leaves will cause the brussel sprouts to steam rather than crisp.
Keywords: Brussel Sprouts, Brussels Sprouts, Salami, Vegetable, Side Dish, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kosher