Crème Brûlée Yogurt is a fancy way to eat your favorite Greek yogurt. Fresh blueberries simmered to perfection, topped with crunchy granola, smooth vanilla Greek yogurt and blow torched crunchy Crème Brûlée topping make this the upscale breakfast, brunch or Mother’s Day special Mom will love. You can also make this as a Shavuot dessert with a slight modification of the brûlée recipe. Crème Brûlée Yogurt is creamy, sweet, fruity, gorgeous deliciousness.
This recipe was originally developed by Bobby Flay for The Food Media Network:
- 16 ounces nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pint (2-cups) fresh blueberries or strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granola (gluten free)
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Mix together the yogurt and vanill in a medium bowl until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Put the berries in a small saucepan, add water and sugar and simmer until just softened about 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and allow to cool.
- Divide the fruit among four 8-ounce ramekins and top with the granola.
- Fill the ramekins and top with the yogurt, smoothing out the tops. Cover and put in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Evenly sprinkle the turbinado sugar over each ramekin. Caramelize the sugar with a blowtorch by slowly sweeping the flame back and forth. Let the sugar harden, about 2 minutes before serving.
ChanceGift Gold Vintage Style Spoon Stainless Steel 6 Pcs Black ButterflyBuy Now →
40 Pcs Flower Dessert Spoons Stainless SteelBuy Now →
Coffee Spoon with leaf handle, AnSaw 10 Pcs 4.7″ teaspoonsBuy Now →
AnSaw 8-Pieces 4.7-Inch Small Coffee Spoons With Leaf Handle(Silver)Buy Now →
FAGE Total Greek Yogurt, 0% Nonfat, PlainBuy Now →
Blue Mirabelle 4-Piece Ramekin SetBuy Now →
Yundu 8 Ounce Pink Marble Ceramic RamekinsBuy Now →
SPICE BY TIA MOWRY Goji Blossom 8-Piece Hand-Painted Ramekin SetBuy Now →
DOWAN Ramekins 8 oz Oven Safe with LidsBuy Now →
Whip-It! Flex Torch, Gold ChromeBuy Now →
You can use vanilla Greek Yogurt instead of making the vanilla Greek yogurt.
If you’re interested in making the Crème Brûlée Yogurts in advance, you can make all the components separately and then build the Crème Brûlée Yogurts when ready. If you put them together too much before you are going to serve them the granola will get soft and the Brûlée will turn into liquid.
If you don’t have a blow torch, warm the sugar over medium heat until it turns amber colored. Be careful not to let the sugar burn. Pour the caramel over the cold yogurt.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 587
- Sugar: 49.2 g
- Sodium: 250.6 mg
- Fat: 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 60.4 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 71.9 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg
Keywords: Parfait, Yogurt Parfait, Creme Brulee, Creme Brulee Yogurt, Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert, Mother's Day, Shavuot, Dairy, Kosher