- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice and peel of 2 lemons
- 1 bunch flat parsley
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- A handful of fresh herbs of your choice: thyme, basil, rosemary, tarragon, chervil, etc. (no more than 2 kinds), leaves only
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 side salmon, skinless and boneless, about 4 pounds trimmed
- Place all but the last ingredient in a food processor and grind until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Cut he salmon into 10 strips, reserving the tail end for another use.
- Cut each strip through their thickness, leaving them attached at one end.
- You will get long thin strips.
- Rub each strip with the paste, then roll tightly and secure with toothpicks.
- You will get neat little cylinders (medallions).
- Place the medallions in a pan just large enough to contain them.
- Roast 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Garnish with lemon slices and chopped herbs.