What’s especially great about this kugel recipe is that there are only a few ingredients, it’s quick to make, and it tastes like a kugel you would make during the year …no need to suffer with sub-par (gluten-free!) food on Pesach!
- oil or spray for greasing pan
- 1 (12-ounce) bag wide Passover noodles
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 16–ounces broccoli cuts, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons safflower, avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- dried onion for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Set aside.
- Bring a large 6-8 quart pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the noodles then stir to separate.
- Return the water to a boil, then reduce the temperature to low.
- Cook the noodles until just soft, usually around 2 minutes less than package directions. You may need to remove a noodle or two from the pot and taste it to check for doneness.
- Drain and rinse the noodles. Transfer to a large bowl or the original pot.
- Stir in the eggs, mayonnaise, broccoli, onion soup mix and oil. Make sure all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Spoon the noodle mixture into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with dried onion if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Gefen Light Mayo Squeeze Bottle 17.2oz (2 Pack), Low Calorie, Kosher for PassoverBuy Now →
Osem Soup & Seasoning Mix, Onion Soup (Kosher for Passover), 14.1 OunceBuy Now →
Manischewitz Gluten Free Wide Egg NoodlesBuy Now →
Hollywood Safflower Oil, 32 OzBuy Now →
Oil Sprayer for Cooking 2Pack SetBuy Now →
Original Scrolled Acanthus Ceramic Cream Baking Dish With 16-Inch By 10-Inch Metalwork ServerBuy Now →
Different brands of noodles cook differently. It’s essential to test the noodles periodically to check for doneness.
I try not to use cottonseed oil during the year. Keep in mind that most Kosher for Passover mayo contains cottonseed oil. I’ve punted. I have made my own mayo, but for the amount I use during the Holiday, I’m ok with using pre-made mayonnaise.
I buy spray bottles at the dollar store and fill them with my favorite oils instead of buying expensive one time use cannisters. You can also buy nicer ones (which I have as well) to refill. They’re a much more economical way to go, and I re-use them every year. I posted a few below.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 182.4 mg
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 49.4 mg
Keywords: Broccoli Kugel, Passover, Pesach, Passover recipe, Noodle Kugel, Kosher, gluten free, non-gebroks, dairy free