Brilliant Beefless Burgers are made from ingredients that when combined in harmony taste like a beefy, meaty burger! These Brilliant Beefless Burgers are a combination of crispy browned onions, sauteed crimini mushrooms, healthy flavorful walnuts and a blend of herbs and spices. You’ll never wonder “Where’s the beef?” because these are brilliantly, stealthily “beefily” delicious.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced (around 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound crimini/baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- dash crushed red pepper
- 2 large eggs, or equivalent plant based egg replacer (like JUST Egg)
- oil for frying (optional)
- Gluten Free Potato Buns
- Favorite condiments (optional)
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute the diced onion and garlic until the onions are caramelized and crisped on the edges. Be careful not to let them burn.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms have released their liquid and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and allow the mushroom mixture to cool for around 5 minutes until cooled.
- Place the mushroom mixture, walnuts, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse the mixture until completely ground, but not smooth. The mixture should be almost smooth but still have a little bit of texture.
- Add the eggs and pulse to just combine.
- Form the ground “beef” into 8 burgers.
- Heat a stovetop grill or large skillet over medium heat. Add oil (if using) and fry the burgers in batches until browned on both sides.
- Serve with your favorite toppings on Gluten Free Potato Buns.
It’s important to remember that “You are the Executive Chef in Your Kitchen”. Just as you would with any burger you make, you may choose to add additional herbs and spices to the Brilliant Beefless Burger.
You can add additional vegetables to the raw burgers if you like cooked/canned/frozen carrots, corn, peas, spinach, broccoli or other vegetables to make these even more fabulously brilliant.
It’s important to make sure that the sauteed mushroom mixture is on the dryer side and doesn’t have too much moisture. The extra liquid will effect the texture of the burgers.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 411
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 29.4 mg
- Fat: 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 12.1 g
- Cholesterol: 62 mg
Keywords: Plant Based Burger, Beefless Burger, Gluten Free, Meat Free, Beef Free, Dairy Free, Plant Based, Healthy, Pareve