Basil Corn Gazpacho is the perfect cold, refreshing, summer soup. Made with heirloom tomatoes, yellow peppers and fresh Optimistic Garden basil, and sweet kernels of corn, it’s like summer in a bowl.
- 3 large ears bi-colored corn, blanched, kernels removed
- 1 large yellow tomato, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups English/Hothouse cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water, optional
- Additional basil, diced cucumber and corn kernels for garnish
Method 1 – smoother Basil Corn Gazpacho
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a blender.
- Pulse until just blended to the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a storage container and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve garnished with extra basil, diced cucumber and corn kernels.
Method 2: Chunkier Basil Corn Gazpacho
- Reserve 1 – 1 1/2 cups corn kernels. Set aside
- Place the remaining corn kernels, tomato, yellow pepper, cucumber, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in the bowl of the blender. Do not add the cup of water.
- Pulse the blender a few times until a coarse soup is formed.
- Transfer the soup to a large storage container. Stir in the reserved corn kernels.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Garnish with additional basil, diced cucumber and corn kernels.
If you’re able, get Heirloom corn and tomatoes. They will taste the best.
You can choose to make the gazpacho via method one or two or a combination of either. Method 2 will yield a chunkier, thicker gazpacho, while method one will be smoother. Totally up to you.
If you don’t have a blender you can use a food processor instead. Just be careful to not over puree the gazpacho.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 171.3 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Gazpacho, Summer Soup, Fresh Soup, Corn Gazpacho, Corn Soup,, Corn, Basil, Tomato, Pepper, cucumber, Kosher, Gluten Free, Pareve, Dairy Free, Plant Based