You really won’t believe how smooth and creamy this Almond Cream Cheese is. It really tastes like the real thing!
- 2 cups blanched slivered almonds
- juice of 1/2 large lemon or 1 small lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- water to cover almonds – 1/2 cup liquid reserved after soak
- Place almonds in a large bowl. Cover with water. Allow the almonds to soak for 24 hours.
- Drain the almonds, RESERVE THE LIQUID.
- Place the drained almonds in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Grind until very smooth, adding the 1/2 cup reserved soaking liquid a little at a time.
- Add the lemon juice and kosher salt, then pulse to combine.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You can add your favorite mix-ins such as chives, dried veggies or smoked salmon.