- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups good-quality chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together oil and sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla, baking soda, salt, eggs, and cornstarch, beating well to combine after each addition.
- Reduce mixer speed to low.
- Add flour; beat until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips; stir until evenly distributed.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (or heaping tablespoon), drop dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, until tops are set.
- Do not overbake.