- 4–4.5 lb. beef roast
- 3 cups Coca Cola
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 5 stalks celery, sliced lengthwise and cut into 3″ pieces (or more if you like)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup onion soup mix
- Non-stick vegetable spray
- 1 roasting pan slightly larger and taller than the roast
- Measuring cups
- Preheat oven to 375° F (see ROASTING NOTES).
- Spray the roasting pan with non-stick vegetable spray, then place roast in pan.
- Pour cola over the roast.
- It should reach about a third of the way up the roast.
- Pour orange juice over the roast. Arrange vegetables in the pan around the roast.
- Spread ketchup evenly over the roast and then sprinkle the onion soup mix over the roast.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 375° F.
- Then reduce the temperature of the oven to 350° F and bake for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes longer until the internal temperature of the roast is 170° F (see NON CONVECTION OVEN ROASTING NOTES).
- Remove from oven and cool for an hour.
- Refrigerate roast for 3 hours or more.
- Remove from refrigerator and slice into thin slices using a long, sharp knife.
- Return sliced roast back to roasting pan.
- Spoon pan gravy over the slices and cover tightly.
- Warm in oven.
- Serve garnished with the roasted carrots and celery.