This super simple to make vegetarian Flomen Tzimmes takes a traditional recipes and gives it a modern twist by using your EPC (Electric Pressure Cooker).
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup pitted sweet prunes, around 1/2 pound
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place a rack or trivet on the bottom of the EPC (Electric Pressure Cooker) Pot.
- Place all the ingredient into the EPC.
- Lock the lid and close the pressure valve.
- Cook using manual high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure as soon as the tzimmes is done cooking.
- You can make this tzimmes using a traditional pressure cooker or in a pot on the stove. Adjust the cooking time according to your cooking preference.
- Serving Size: 6