Sweet and Spicy Banana Bread means SWICY! Swicy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a wonderful combination of sweet bananas, rich chocolate and a little unexpected, but welcome, kick. It’s different than anything you’ve tasted but simply fabulous to eat.
- 1/2 cup plant based margarine (1 stick)
- 6 tablespoons JUST egg replacer (or two large eggs)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5-6 ripe bananas, around 4 cups
- 2 cups gluten free 1:1 flour with xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 (9-ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a single 9×5, two 6.3 or 24 muffin pans with parchment/muffin liners. Set aside
- Place the margarine, JUST egg, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer. Using a whisk attachment, blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and beat in the bananas a little at a time. Continue to mix until the bananas are completely blended.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the mixer. Add the flour, baking soda and crushed red pepper to the bowl. Return to the mixer and mix on low speed until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Slowly add the almond milk until completely blended, then add the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pan(s).
- Large (9×5) loaf pan bake for 1 hr. 15 minutes or until the cake is completely set and the top is browned.
- Two (8×4) loaf pans, bake for 45 minutes or until the cakes are completely set and the tops are browned.
- 24 muffins, bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow the cakes/muffins to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- May be frozen.
You can make Swicy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by adding additional crushed red pepper.
If you’re not into Swicy you can leave out the crushed red pepper all together (but why????).
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 19.1 g
- Sodium: 151.9 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.9 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 15.5 mg
Keywords: Plant Based Banana Bread, Swicy, Sweet and Spicy, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Banana Bread, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Pareve, Kosher