- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed — or 2 frozen cubes minced garlic
- 1 large onion, large dice
- 2 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2–3/4 inch cubes
- 3 large peppers, cut into 1/2–3/4 inch pieces
- 2 large yellow squash (optional), cut into 1/4 lengthwise then cut into 1/2-3/4 inch pieces
- 2 large zucchini, cut into ¼ lengthwise then cut into ½ – ¾ inch pieces
- 1/2–3/4 pounds mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 32 ounce jars pasta sauce
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onion is soft and clear.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve warm sprinkled with your favorite cheese over pasta or plain.
- This can also be served as a cold appetizer, and can be frozen for later use.