Basic Pie Dough
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 stick cold margarine, cut into small pieces
- 2–4 tablespoons ice water
- Process the flour, salt and sugar in a food processor.
- Add the margarine and process until the ingredients resemble a coarse meal.
- Add the water and process until a dough ball forms.
- Remove from the processor, wrap in plastic, press into a disk, then refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.
- Prepare your favorite pie dough recipe (or use the above recipe).
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Repeat the instructions for the Apple Puff Pie Pops, however for the Key Lime and Lemon varieties do not sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- After baking sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).