- 1 package puff pastry (2 sheets), defrosted and separated
- Apple pie filling , chopped if the apples are large
- 1 egg beaten
- Turbinado sugar
- 6 inch cookie sticks
- Preheat oven to 400° F (or 375° F convection).
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll a puff pastry sheet to approximately 1/16”.
- Using a small fluted cookie cutter (approximately 2” in diameter), cut circles out leaving as little space as possible in between each cut.
- Take a single circle of dough and using a thin “paint” brush, brush a line of egg around the edge of the circle.
- Place a cookie stick on the dough and brush a little egg on the stick by the edge of the dough.
- Spoon a small amount of apple filling into the middle of the dough on top of the stick in the center.
- Take another circle of dough.
- Using a small paring knife, make four small venting slits in the dough.
- Place the circle over the filling and gently press the edges of the circle to seal.
- Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush each pie pop with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes (rotating after 8 minutes if necessary) until golden brown.