- 2 3.25 pound chickens, cut into eighths, skin removed (it’s healthier!)
- 2 cups pomegranate syrup
- 1 cup pure pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- Non-stick vegetable spray
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Fresh pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional)
- Combine the pomegranate syrup, pomegranate juice, honey, garlic, pepper, and thyme in a medium bowl.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place chicken bone side up in a large casserole, or in an extra large ziplock bag.
- Pour marinade over chicken.
- Cover with plastic wrap, or seal bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375° F or 350° F convection.
- Cover a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, then spray with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving remaining marinade.
- Place chicken bone side up on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon a small amount of marinade over the chicken, reserving the remaining marinade.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken bone side down, and bake for an additional 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is baking, place marinade in a 4 quart saucepan.
- Add the corn starch and stir until starch is completely dissolved with no remaining lumps. Pour the thickened sauce over the chicken.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, around 20 minutes.
- Place baked chicken on a serving platter and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- Serve warm.